Transgender Equality: How to Make a Difference
The Reform Movement recently passed a sweeping resolution committing to work for the inclusion and equality of transgender individuals in our synagogues and in our country. Many thanks to our Community Shabbat panelists: Brynne Madway, Candice Chaplin, Beckie Schatschneider, and Hugo Bresson.
Candice Chaplin conducts a support group for parents of transgender and gender non-conforming children You can reach Candice Cchaplin2@gmail.com, 917-647-1016.
Click for some informative slides.
1. Adult reading suggestions: https://www.pflag.org/resource/transgender-reading-list-adults
2. Reading with or to children: https://www.pflag.org/transkidsbooks
3. Groups in need of volunteers or donations:
· National Center for Transgender Equality
· Human Rights Campaign
· Camp Aranuti’q (overnight camp for transgender or gender non-conforming children)
· Trans Youth Family Allies
· Mazzoni Center (Philadelphia-based health organization)