Goals of the Religious School
The Goals of the Beth David Religious School that Inspire our Curriculum
1. Jews who affirm their Jewish identity and bind themselves inseparably to their people by word and deed.
2. Jews whm bear witness to the brit (covenant between God and the Jewish people through the practice of mitzvot (commandments) as studied in Torah and the classic Jewish literature it has generated, and interpreted in light of historic development and contemporary thought.
3. Jews who affirm their historic bond to Eretz Yisrael, the land of Israel.
4. Jews who cherish and study Hebrew, the language of the Jewish people.
5. Jews who value and practice tefillah (prayer).
6. Jews who further the causes of justice, freedom, and peace by pursuing tsedek (righteousness), mishpat (justice), and chesed (loving deeds).
7. Jews who celebrate Shabbat and the festivals and observe the Jewish ceremonies marking the significant occasions in their lives.
8. Jews who esteem their own person and the person of others; their own family and the family of others; their own community and the community of others.
9. Jews who express kinship whit K’lal Yisrael by actively seeking the welfare of Jews throughout the world.
10. Jews who support and participate in the life of the synagogue.