Beth David Men
We Are Menschen
Beth David Men, as a group, provides members with a social outlet and a vehicle for serving Beth David and the larger community. All men in the Beth David community are welcome to join. Following tradition, we organize ushers for the High Holidays and decorate the sukkah on behalf of the congregation. We have the sacred charge of cleaning up the historic Gladwyne Jewish Cemetery. We attend sporting and other social events and sport our own softball team, the Beth David Bruins, 12-time champions of the Main Line Shul Softball League. Please come out and cheer on your Beth David team! Every spring we hold our Spaghetti Dinner, manned by our all-star kitchen crew.
Co-President: Jim Castello
Co-President: Joseph Fontak
Treasurer: Robert Friedman
Vice-President and Secretary: Neil Sukonik
HIGH HOLY DAY USHERING SLOTS:
EREV Rosh Hashanah - Wednesday, September 20, 8:00PM Need 4 people
Rosh Hashanah - Thursday, September 21
First Morning Service-8:30 a.m. Need 4 people
Second Morning Service - 11:30 a.m. Need 4 people
Tot/Family Service - 3:00 p.m. Need 2 people
KOL NIDRE - Friday, September 29, 8:00 p.m. Need 4 people
YOM KIPPUR - Saturday, September 30
Tot Service (30 minutes)-8:30 a.m. Need 1 more person
Family Friendly Morning Service-9:30 a.m. Need 1 more person
Traditional Adult Morning Service-11:45 a.m. Need 3 more people
Yizkor - (approx) 4:15 p.m. Need 1 more person
Afternoon Service - 4:45 p.m. Need 2 people
N'ilah - (approx) 6:15 p.m. Need 2 people
If you are able to serve, kindly contact Joseph Fontak.
For those that will be serving here is some more detail:
• Please arrive 30min early if possible
• You may park where you like, there is no reserved parking. However, if you are able, please park on Righters Mill Rd and walk to leave spots in the lot for others.
• Greet everyone and make them feel welcome. Staff will be collecting tickets but if they ask for help, please assist.
• Hand out prayer books and assist people finding seats. Ask people to move over if needed.
• Remind people to mute or turn off mobile phones.
• Once services start, please open and close doors as needed. If it is a standing portion of the service, please have people wait outside until the congregation is seated before allowing them in.
• When services let out, please try to collect prayer books and straighten up the sanctuary where possible.