- This event has passed.
PASSOVER VIDEO PROJECT
March 26 - April 2
As great as technology is at connecting us, it doesn’t allow for live communal singing. So, with Passover just around the corner, we want to put together a video of Beth David congregants singing “Dayeinu” from their homes which will then be edited together to give us that warm familiar feeling of communal singing.
Here are the guidelines:
1. If you are home with others now, gather anyone who wants to participate (spouse, kids, dogs, etc) or just participate by yourself and add your voice to the greater choir-in-separate-houses!
2. Go to a room in your home that means “family” to you. Maybe it’s where you usually hold seder, maybe it’s where you are going to hold seder this year, or maybe it just says “family” in some other way.
3. Listen to the recording of Cantor Goodlev singing “Dayeinu.”
4. Look at the sheet music for the words/notes. Dayeinu_Folk Song
5. Hold your phone horizontally (landscape) and make sure your faces are all well lit and visible in the screen.
6. Do your best to sing the song in the same key and tempo as the recording. If you need to, you may play the song with headphones in your ears while you sing out loud, but we encourage you to sing a cappella (without the recording) and therefore without headphones. Either way, please don’t sing with the recording playing out loud, as that will make editing very difficult.
7. If you are able to sing the entire song, please do so, but if you only feel comfortable with the chorus or a few verses, that is fine as well.
8. Email your video recording by 4/3 to Susan Cohen-Dickler at firstname.lastname@example.org
9. In your email, please indicate “no solos” if you’d prefer we only use your voice mixed with other voices.
We hope you are able to take a few minutes to contribute to this congregational project. It will be fun to see what we can create together!
Cantor Lauren Goodlev & Rabbi Beth Kalisch