THANK YOU FOR YOUR DONATION TO BETH DAVID
Thank you for including Beth David Reform Congregation in your charitable giving. We invite you to donate to the fund of your choice… a distinctive way to celebrate or memorialize your special occasions and loved ones:
Fund for Beth David – Ensures an abundance of future Jewish learning, spirituality, and social action opportunities for our families that will allow our community to flourish.
Rabbi’s Discretionary Fund – Rabbi Kalisch will determine the use of the funds which support various educational and philanthropic projects consistent with the core values of Beth David.
Cantors Discretionary Fund – Cantor Goodlev will determine the use of the funds which support various educational and philanthropic projects consistent with the core values of Beth David.
Religious School Fund – To enhance the Religious School program as determined by Rabbi Bernstein.
Joyce Klein Scholarship Fund – Provides scholarship and youth subsidies to Beth David students to attend Religious School and/or a Jewish summer camp experience.
Yahrzeit Fund – Allows donors to observe the yahrzeit of a friend or loved one. May their memories forever be for a blessing.
Yizkor Book of Remembrance – Thank you for your gift in memory of your departed loved ones.
Yom Kippur Pledge – Thank you for your gift to the Annual Yom Kippur Appeal.
If you wish to make your donation a tribute (in honor of/in memory of) be certain that in the second window you check off the box called Add a Tribute Donation.
Members who wish to login to your Beth David account to: manage your profile, change a password, make a payment on account, or access the Beth David Directory, please click on the ACCESS YOUR ONLINE ACCOUNT button below. Need help? Contact Ned Kripke, Office Manager.
Access Your Online Account
IRA Charitable Rollover
The IRA Charitable Rollover Law allows individuals 70½ or older to give up to $100,000 directly from their IRA to qualified charities without paying federal income tax on the withdrawal. If you wish to make a gift to benefit Beth David, a qualified charitable distribution from your IRA can be a great option.
IRA Charitable Rollover details:
- Donors must be age 70½ or older at the time the gift is made.
- Only traditional IRAs are eligible, and in particular, not 401K’s. However, owners of other qualified plans may be able to roll assets into an IRA to allow them to make gifts if such a rollover is otherwise permitted. Donors should consult with their tax advisor before doing so.
- Donors must ask their plan administrator to make a direct transfer of funds to a qualified public charity. It is important not to withdraw funds before making a gift.
- Gifts cannot be used to fund a gift annuity or charitable remainder trust.
- Each donor may give up to $100,000 per year. For couples, each spouse may give up to $100,000 from their IRA.
- Distributions made under this law can be used to satisfy the donor’s required minimum distribution (RMD). However, qualified charitable distributions are not limited to the donor’s RMD.
- Donors can choose to exclude the distribution from income on their federal tax return. If they do, they will not receive a charitable income tax deduction. But for those who will be claiming the standard deduction, this gift directly from your IRA to Beth David lets you avoid federal income taxes you would otherwise pay on the withdrawal.
- To qualify for tax-free treatment, donors cannot receive goods, services, or a personal benefit (such as tickets for events) in return for the IRA charitable rollover gift.
To make a gift to Beth David from an IRA, contact your IRA plan administrator and request a direct qualified charitable distribution from the IRA account to Beth David Reform Congregation (Tax ID number 23-6000908) Mail checks to:
Beth David Reform Congregation
1130 Vaughan Lane
Gladwyne, PA 19035
Information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. Please consult your professional advisor for information on how any gift may affect your tax situation.