In 1991 Beth David was one of the organizing congregations, under the leadership of Rabbi Emeritus Henry Cohen, of the Interfaith Hospitality Network of the Main Line. Beth David is the only synagogue, to participate in this work. The program is made of congregations that provide the following in their respective houses of worship: shelter, meals, and guidance to families who find themselves temporarily homeless. IHN guest families live at Beth David for one week, approximately every 12 weeks. During that time about 50 volunteers provide: food for breakfast, lunch, and snacks, prepare and join our guests for dinner, sleep at Beth David with the guests, assist children with homework, and create a safe and comfortable place for families going through a difficult time. Volunteers are always welcome.
Let your support and HOPE bring families home!
You are invited to join the Interfaith Hospitality Network of the Main Line (IHN-ML) from the comfort of your own home for our first online fundraising event, HOPE FOR HOMES! Those who purchase a connection to the event will receive a link to join via Zoom (only one connection is needed per household).
The event will take place on Sunday, September 13, from 6-7:30 p.m. EDT. The evening will include an entertaining and informative program, featuring:
- Live music by The Jazz Sanctuary
- A family-friendly portion with the help of Elmo and Lily, the first Sesame Street Muppet to experience homelessness
- A message from some of our IHN-ML graduate families
- Special recognition of our Honoree: George B. Vosburgh of St. David’s Episcopal Church (Wayne, PA)
- Remarks from our Keynote Speaker: Rabbi Beth Kalisch of Beth David Reform Congregation (Gladwyne, PA)
- An exciting announcement about the future of IHN-ML you don’t want to miss!